Areas of Practice

Fort Walton Beach Enforcement and Contempt Lawyer

Shalimar, Florida, Child Support Enforcement Attorney

Divorce is meant to be a new beginning for both spouses. But it isn’t possible to move forward after a divorce settlement if one party refuses to abide by the agreement or is accusing the other of being in contempt.

I, family law and divorce lawyer Steven J. Gilpatrick, have been handling issues of enforcement and contempt for more than 20 years throughout the Florida Panhandle and surrounding areas. I am skilled at obtaining outcomes that protect the best interests of my clients while achieving justice for all involved.

Do you need help pursuing enforcement of a divorce judgment or fighting off contempt accusations? To arrange a consultation, call my firm today at 850-651-4488.

Enforcement and Contempt

Is your ex failing to uphold his or her end of the divorce settlement? If so, I can help you pursue an enforcement action through the courts. This could be sought for several reasons, the most common being:

  • Failure to follow a parenting plan
  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to pay spousal support

When someone has failed to follow court orders, they can be held in contempt of court. In addition to helping parties seek enforcement of divorce and family law orders, I also defend clients in contempt of court proceedings. I have a thorough understanding of the issues involved and am committed to resolving these matters as quickly and painlessly as possible so all involved can move on with their lives.

Contact a Fort Walton Beach Enforcement and Contempt Attorney

To learn more about how I can help you with enforcement or contempt, contact my firm today for a consultation.