Areas of Practice

Fort Walton Beach Child Custody Lawyer for Unmarried Parents

Shalimar, Florida, Parents’ Rights Attorney

While most people think of child custody, visitation and child support as issues pertaining to divorce, these are crucial issues for unmarried parents as well. Unmarried parents have the same need to resolve these issues to have a strong relationship with their children after their own relationship ends.

For more than 20 years I, attorney Steven J. Gilpatrick, have been representing mothers and fathers in family law cases involving children. My past experience working for the Florida Department of Children and Families is extremely valuable and I am committed to obtaining outcomes that are in the best interest of children.

What are your rights regarding paternity, custody and support? Call my firm today at 850-651-4488 to arrange a consultation.

Shared Parenting for Unmarried Parents

Much like in a divorce, unmarried parents need to come up with a shared parenting plan. Before that process can begin, paternity must be established. If there is a question of paternity, I can help you resolve that and then help you with a whole host of children’s issues, such as:

Much like in a divorce, agreements that are reached through collaboration in an amicable fashion are much more likely to persevere than agreements enforced through litigation.

Call 850-651-4488 to Speak to a Lawyer

I represent mothers and fathers in Shalimar and Fort Walton Beach and throughout the Florida Panhandle. For answers to your legal questions, contact my firm today for an initial consultation.